Part of Freemasonry, Scottish Rite seeks to strengthen the community and believes that each man should act in civil life according to his individual judgment and the dictates of his conscience.
The Scottish Rite is involved in:
- Charitable work, including
- Children’s Dyslexia Centers
- Abbott and Bryant Scholarships
- Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library
- Provides opportunities for members to socialize
- Confers 29 degrees focusing on lessons found in the craft, or Blue Lodge, degrees.
In NH, there are five Valley, or regions, which present these degrees. The Valley of Nashua covers the south central portion of the state, and is the only Valley which presents all 29 degrees.